top of page

IRS Form W-9

Official Request for Tax ID Number

When a business pays an independent contractor $600 or more over the course of a tax year, that contractor is required to report these payments to the IRS. We will use the name, address and Social Security or tax identification number from form W-9 to complete your 1099s at the end of the year. You should have one of these on file for each person/entity you pay.  Your customers may ask you to complete one as well.

Don't want your Social Security number splashed all over those W-9s and 1099s?  Apply for a Tax ID number.  It's free and fast and separates you from your business—sort of.  It won't change your tax filing status.  Scott will lead you through the process if you have any questions.

Please reload

Forms and Documents

bottom of page